Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who'd Ever Thunk

I totally can not believe what happened yesterday.

Hopefully, you read that I just got a job. A part-time job, which would leave me time for my horses.

Because of my rather sporadic work history at the moment, I promised these people in my two interviews that I was definitely looking for a long-time position. After the first interview, because the interviewer specifically questioned the gaps in the history, and the short time I was at my last two positions, I had emailed him to say, I knew my history was questionable, but I was definitely looking for a long-time position. I once again promised him that in my interview on this last Thursday, and was offered the job.

That was Thursday. Then yesterday, Saturday, my Hubby Honey was offered a position as ranch manager at a natural horsemanship training facility. I could be the bookkeeper, gopher person, part-time. We would live on the ranch. The commute time from the ranch to the job I just accepted would be, well, way overwhelming on a day to day basis. It would be an hour and a half drive, one-way.

What is a person to do? Why can't life just be easy? At least for just a short time?