Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cookee's First Trail Ride

I can't believe that just happened!!!! Gamma and I went for a walk with Bear and Cookee, I got tired of walking and got a burr under my foot, so to speak, anyway I turned Cookee around in the ditch and sidled her up along side me and got on!!!!

What happened next is well not much to write about unless you've been tossed off and are getting on a horse for the first time outside of it's familiar environment, let alone out in the desert and in a ditch to boot.

We went for a nice quiet walk, occasionally looking back to see Bear and Gamma, then walking on to find a new patch of grass or a new sagebrush to scratch on and finally home where she got to be unsaddled while she munched on the unopened bale of hay. Guess you had to be there.

Got to love our horses!

No comments: