Friday, April 4, 2008

Children and Job Hunting

Our grandson, Andrew, has pneumonia. Poor little boy. Second time in just a short time. Please send prayers his way.

And, if you have looked into Hubby Honey's daughter's blog,"Lainer's on the Go!", notice her link to "Confessions of a CF Husband." His wife, Tricia, just had a double lung transplant. Many prayers to that whole family, please.

Just found out two of us in this family are looking for jobs. Lani is sending out applications, and I just had an interview yesterday.

Finding a job is so difficult. It's so much like a marriage. With all the time and energy put into it, you hopefully find something that makes you happy. But, what if you don't? Potential employers sure frown at you when they see a history of gaps in your employment, or short term employment. But, why should I stay somewhere I'm not happy? Somewhere where their policies just don't fit my beliefs or lifestyle? I wouldn't just marry the first guy that came along, just because he asked. At least in a personal relationship you have a chance to date and then decide if you are compatible. Why shouldn't you be able to always have a probational period at a job to see if it is fit without being penalized?

So, I was frowned at yesterday because I have some gaps in my employment history and some short-term employment. I really don't think I will get the job.
And, they don't seem to care that I had a house to build, or horses to train, or children to take of. It all seems very one-sided to me.

Then, think of all the time before the interview you spend going through every question you think they could possibly ask. Rehearsing your answers. Worrrying about making a very good impression. Then they ask totally different questions from what you thought of.

Then, after the interview, going through every question they asked. Calling yourself names for the answers you gave, and now talking to yourself about everything you should have said, but didn't. Again, calling yourself names. But, how do you know?

Then, you don't get the job. It could have been the perfect job. The one that made you happy forever. But, they chose someone else.

Sounds way too much like dating, except, you only get one date. Maybe two, if by some chance you get called back in for that second, all important, interview. Then you start all over again.

I coulda, shoulda, woulda, if only.

I'd much rather just stay home and play with my horses.

1 comment:

Lani said...

It IS like dating, isn't it!? UGH! Praying for your job stuff. You would rather be at home with your horses and I would rather spend all my time playing with my kiddos. :)

Thanks for posting this--any prayers for the little man will help!