Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Get a Job or To Not Get a Job?

Yes, that is the question.

I do hope I get this job. It is part-time and would leave me plenty of time for my horses.

It would also give me some people contact. My daughter tells me I need people contact. Aren't animals enough? I can talk to my animals. That was good enough for Dr. Dolittle. My animals try hard to talk back. Okay, maybe I don't understand them as well as Dr. Dolittle, but we do get by.

I know when BB tips the food dish or the water bowl over, she wants food or water. If the dish or bowl wasn't empty before, it is after she tips it over. Right?

When Bob rolls over with his tummy to the sky, and gives me that look, I know he wants his belly rubbed. Or when he just sits there giving me that look, I know he wants his head rubbed.

When Niki jumps up on the edge of the bed in the morning and starts her talking at me, I know it's time to get up and feed the horses.

When Max the cat starts running around my feet and meowing, I know he wants a bite of my lunch, or breakfast, or he wants some canned cat food, or dry food, or maybe some water, or maybe outside. It's at least one of those. Or maybe he wants me to just sit down so he can sleep by me.

Okay, maybe people contact would be good.

At my last job there were plenty of people. Minimum of 100, then up to 300 during the holiday season. People are very interesting.

Yes, it would be a good thing to have some people contact. Wow! Then just think of how much more I would have to talk to my animals about, all the crazy people stories.

This could be fun!

1 comment:

Lani said...

People contact is good. I crave adult conversation on a regular basis! So it does seem a little funny to me that I've been hired to work with kids. Kids the same age as my own kids. Seems like I'm surrounded by them all the time! Oh well...its a job and it will be fun!