Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Went to Work Today!

Started my new job today.

I missed all my animals. Yes, the additional money will be nice, but I really missed my animals.

And, I forgot how many office politics there are. And, how much competition, and gossip, and "cat fights". I've been away for a long time.

I guess because the last place I worked was soooo big, and spread out, this same kind of stuff was there, but you could get away from it. In the small office I just started in, I can feel the before mentioned vibes already.

Very interesting.

Am I prepared for this kind of environment? I don't think so. But, this may be why I've been so comfortable being at home just working on the internet. Any "cat fights" were between two real cats or dogs, or horses. When it was done, it was done. No grudges, no retaliation, no back stabbing, no politics.

The games we humans play.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Office politics are the worst! I guess that's something to be grateful for in my job: working with kids doesn't bring much in the way of office politics. Kids are kind of like animals: do something wrong, hash it out, move on with life. It's not very often there's a grudge between three year olds!