Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Horse Brain

I don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds interesting, and I'm positive I read it. Just can't remember where right now.

The horse doesn't have two sides to it's brain. It has two brains. The right brain is the reactive, instinctual side. The left brain is the thinking, learning side.

The human has one brain with two sides. The left side is the side governing logic, thinking and problem solving. The right side is the creative and emotional side.

In the horse, the more one side is used, the larger that side becomes and the smaller the other side becomes. If a horse is on its own, the right side or instinctual side will become larger. The more a horse is handled, and kept using the left side, or thinking side, the larger that side becomes and the smaller the right becomes.

Any one else read this somewhere? I would really like to know where I heard this.

Guess I haven't been using my brain enough lately, so the whole think shrank.

Suppose that's why you can find all the brain teasers and logical thinking games out right now.

Use it or lose it?

1 comment:

jc said...

Hi there! My daughter will qualify as a vet in two months time she says that a horse definitely has one brain with two sides.
Thanks for continuing to check out my blog. Isn't it great that it can bring people together from all over the world?
Jan